5 ideas to make fall and winter 2020 safely social
It’s coming… the “W” word! If you’re like me, you’re already trying to think of ways to safely see people and keep a bit of “normal” in your life as winter approaches! We’ve all been spending so much more time outside, and that’s a good thing! Moving through fall into winter we’ll need to get even more creative! Here are some ideas to stay safe and stay connected during the next few months…
- Make some mulled wine or hot chocolate and invite someone over to share it with you outside!
- Invite a friend or two for a walk! When you’re walking, you stay warm! Edmonton has some of the most beautiful trails you’ll find anywhere. There’s always a new one to explore! It’s easy to stay safely distanced outside, plus fresh air and exercise is good for your mind, body and spirit.
- Build a fire! If you’ve got a firepit, load up on some wood so you can get together safely with friends and family. And if you don’t have a firepit, there are loads of options online. Wayfair has a good selection and they offer free delivery! Then call someone to come enjoy it with you. Plus some Edmonton parks have fire pits you can use!
- If you’ve got a gazebo, buy a space heater to raise the temp a few degrees. Or open up the garage doors and create an impromptu outdoor room. It doesn’t have to be fancy. What matters is being together!
- If it’s too cold to be outside, organize a Zoom movie night! Download a favourite movie then get on Zoom with some friends!
- Some local restaurants are going out of their way to keep their patios open, offering distanced outdoor dining with heaters and sometimes even blankets you can use! Little Brick in Riverdale has opened a winter patio. Café Bicyclette has a charming patio with an outdoor fireplace. And Rebel Food and Drink on 142 St has a sunny patio complete with heaters.
How are you planning on staying safe and social this winter? We’d love to hear from you!