Neighborhood Profile: Downtown
Downtown Edmontont is becoming the place to be! Churchill Square, the Art Gallery of Alberta, and of course the new ICE District make this a fantastic place to visit and to live! During this time of year, Downtown has many events and activities that anyone and everyone can enjoy! Here is a list of events that are taking place around the Downtown area. From Christmas concerts, parades, to craft sales, Downtown does not disappoint!
- Celebrate the Season at the Alberta Legislature from December 4th to December 23rd. Each day they will have performances with thousands of bright lights that provide the perfect backdrop for a holiday stroll on the beautiful Legislature Grounds. It is open to discover with free building tours running every hour – weekdays from 10am-5pm and weekends from noon to 5pm.
- Candlelight Christmas runs from December 6th to December 22nd at John Walter Museum. Traditions weave people together through a common experience. For more than twenty years, the McDades have participated in this wonderful Christmas tradition. Join them for music, good cheer and enjoy the simple beauty of these 19th century homes. There will be two 45 minutes musical performances in each of the oldest of John Walter’s homes with seasonal treats during intermission. The cost is 39.00 and it is great for all ages!
- A Christmas Carol is being played at the Mclab Theatre, 9828 101A Avenue from November 30th to December 23rd. Three Ghosts of Christmas show Scrooge the value of giving. A Christmas Carol now in its 19th (and final) season, is universally beloved for its dynamic themes and uplifting message. It is for ages 6 and up and it is $30+gst
- Holiday Concerts at the Conservatory This runs from December 13th – December 20th at the Muttart Conservatory, 9626 96A Street. What better way to celebrate the holidays than by singing along with some classic holiday favourites? Join their musical group as they take requests from the audience and encourage everyone to sing along to tunes new and old. During the intermission, join Muttart interpreter on a tour to learn something cool about the plants in our pyramids! This is for all ages and the cost is their regular admission.
- ETS Christmas Light Tours will take place from December 14th to December 16th starting at the Alberta Legislature. ETS will offer Christmas Lights Tours to thank transit riders. Tour highlights include Candy Cane Lane, the Alberta Legislature and some amazing vistas of Edmonton. Food Bank donations will be dropped off at Candy Cane Lane. Tickets will be $5 each and all proceeds go to the Donate-a-Ride program.
For more information on these activities and much more just click here!
When it comes to real estate, downtown is busy! There have been 177 homes sold between Dec 1st, 2017 and Nov 30th of this year in this neighbourhood, ranging from a low of $85,000 for a one-bedroom and one-bathroom condo with a great layout to a high of $1,360,000 for a brand-new penthouse with over 2300 square feet. The median price for homes in Downtown last year was $300,000 which represents an condo with 2 bedrooms and a great view looking over downtown.
Curious to know how the market’s doing in your neighbourhood? Email us at info@WeSellEdmonton.com and we’ll prepare a quick customized report for you! It’s our pleasure!