By Kathy Schmidt, Broker/Owner, Schmidt Realty Group Inc.
Typically, at this time of year we see the buyer activity slow down quite a bit. Sure, there are always buyers in the market, the natural seasonal cycle of real estate means that there are generally fewer people starting their search at this time of year. Our office is seeing a lot of buyer activity right now. Here are 5 reasons some of our clients are deciding to make a purchase now:
- Interest rates are forecast to rise so their mortgage payments will be lower if they buy now rather than waiting.
- They recognize that there are a lot of vacant properties out there, and those sellers might be a bit more “motivated” to get them sold before they have to heat all that empty space and shovel snow all winter!
- Many are still working from home and the thought of one more winter working from the dining room table just doesn’t cut it!
- They’ve been waiting for a very specific property to pop up… whether it’s a larger house in their own neighbourhood or something walking distance to extended family and child care, when that “right house” pops up they’re leaping at it. Even if it’s a month away from Christmas.
- Life keeps happening! Babies are born. People get married. Jobs change. There are a million reasons why people decide that “now” is when a move needs to happen.
If you think back to your last move, your reason for the timing may have been different. Buying and selling is not a one-size-fits-all process. While we have strategies and systems at SCHMIDT that consistently serve all our clients, when we go to work for you it’s a custom job structured to fit your very specific situation and preferences. Whether you’re thinking about moving in the next month or two or the next year or two we’ll be here to guide you every step of the way, in every season! 😉