Spring into Action!
By Kathy Schmidt, Broker/Owner, Schmidt Realty Group Inc.
We’re all longing for the warm summer days that are just ahead. Here are a few things to make sure you get the most out of the sunshine that’s coming our way!
· Free up some space! Move your winter coats and jackets to storage along with the heaviest items in your wardrobe. You can buy wardrobe boxes at U-Haul. Here’s a link!
· Wash your windows. Put on your favourite podcast or some energizing tunes and just do it lol! One easy solution is equal parts vinegar and water. To avoid streaks, use a microfibre cloth. Or treat yourself and hire professionals!
· Sweep out the garage. It’s not a fun job but it’s worth it! We’re in and out of our garage so much more in the summer getting camping gear and bikes out… you’ll thank yourself for this one! If you’ve got a lot of grit on the floor, consider buying a sweeping compound such as ZEP. It will keep the dust down while sweeping.
· Give your bike a tune-up. If you’re handy you can do this yourself, or take it to your favourite bike shop. United Cycle even has a convenient pick-up and delivery service!
· Show your sneakers some love! They’re going to take you on a lot of adventures this summer! Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with 2 tablespoons white vinegar and a cup of water. Tackle the stains with a toothbrush!
· Wash and put away your winter pillows and throws. Switch your cushions out for something colourful!
· And don’t forget about your fur family! Now’s a great time to run leashes, harnesses and doggie coats through the wash!
· Flip your mattress. Vacuum it first, then flip and vacuum. We should all do this more often. A good mattress will help you get a good night’s sleep so you’re ready to enjoy the summer days ahead!
Wishing you a summer of fun, adventure and sunshine!